Sketchy Thursdays 7.1

>> Friday, July 2, 2010

As usual, the ladies at Sketchy Thursdays have put together another great sketch for this week and I couldn't resist putting together a layout based on it.
Actually,I am kind of surprised at myself that I felt the need to play along this week since I really do not like doing double page layouts. I am never happy with how they turn out but I decided to stretch myself (was that a pun?) and resist the urge to adjust the sketch to a single page.

SUPPLIES
October Afternoon patterned paper, flash card
Bazzill cardstock
American Crafts thickers
Pebbles Inc. market tag
Making Memories ribbon
Offray ribbon
Misc. rick rack, vintage label stickers,
thread, dimensional sticker


I absolutely love the Fly a Kit line from October Afternoon that I used for this one. It was hard to bring myself to actually cut into it since my natural tendency is to hoard the supplies that I really love.


I also made a couple
of my own embellishments for this layout - the "100% organically grown" dimensional sticker and the corrugated alphas (cut from a Starbuck's coffee sleeve); and my sister made the adorable strawberry topped pins.

15 comments:

Rebecca Mosher July 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

The pictures themselves are adorable, combined with the strawberry embellishments and papers, its completely precious . . . :-)

TesaB July 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Ohhh MY! This is awesome!!! Super adorable photos, lol!!!

Deb Hickman July 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Amazing double page,it just flows.The photos are so cute.Everything about it is gorgeous,I love how you've made your own embellies and those pins are so sweet.

Jinny Newlin July 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Love your coffee sleeve letters! What a great idea! Super cute layout with such pretty papers!

Unknown July 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

This is lovely!!

I am a paper hoarder too, but really this LO was worth the cut!!

(BTW, she is a doll!)

jacque4u2c July 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Just amazing!! It looks so awesome!

Lisa Smith July 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Wow, these papers work great for your pictures! It is a beautiful layout.

I played along this week too at Sketchy Thursday too.
http://lisasmith1019.blogspot.com/2010/07/christmas-08.html

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 7, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this sooooooooooooo MUCH Sarah!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the little seed packets!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lisa July 7, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

What a cute cute LO : )

heidi July 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

this is just precious! love the shot of the strawberry going down leaves and all!

Shelly Lynn July 7, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Wow! I love your layout!! You did a fantastic job!! I love the October Afternoon paper.

Diana Fisher July 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

I totally agree on how awesome that line from OA is! And you did such a great job with the sketch. What a cutie pie face, too!!!

Tammy E. July 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

I am loving this layout! Super duper cute! Great blog.

Post a Comment