Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery...

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

... at least I really hope that Rebecca thinks so. After I saw the adorable card that she created for the ColorQ and Sweet Sunday Sketch challenges I was inspired to make one of my own. It could be because I had just finished making a couple of masculine cards but the pink and black color scheme really appealed to me and I just love anything with scallops on it!

Now, I know it isn't nearly as cute as that little donkey, but I love the cake stamp from Tiffany Doodles that I used on these cards. I used candles on the top to make it a birthday cake but I think that if you left the candles off it would also work really well as a wedding cake.


SUPPLIES
K & Company patterned paper
DCWV patterned paper
American Crafts pearl cardstock
Tiffany Doodles digi stamp
Making Memories velvet ribbon
Unknown raveled roses trim

This one also qualifies for the Caardvarks July challenge as it is a birthday card.

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! GORGEOUS!! LOVING that floral ribbon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sylvia July 15, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

What a cute birthday cake. Thanks for playing the CQC!

Linda Beeson July 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

The cake is so cute and love how you used the colors.

Unknown July 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Sooo kewl! This turned out really neat! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Colour Q!

Post a Comment