PRC8, TPE76

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yep, I found another challenge site. I would encourage you all to check out the Paper Romance blog, lots of beautiful inspiration and challenges, I just had to play along! For this weeks challenge, Andrea challenged us to use Chocolate, Teal and White on a card. What a fantastic colour trio!

This card also qualifies for The Pink Elephant challenge, which highlights the color Brown this week. The entire DT used pink and brown combination, so classy! But glad the teal and brown qualifies as well. I had so much fun playing along this week and checking out the other fantastic entries. You really should take a peek at this fun site.

I know its really hard to see, but I did use the Everything but the Kitchen Sink sketch for this card. I rotated the sketch and then instead of going behind the blue BG, the ribbon wanted to go in front . . . . Some cards just have a mind of their own!  

I was able to use Chocolate cardstock, an antique dictionary page, and K & Co. paper for the card. I love mixing the different lines, and as you might have noticed recently, I have a thing for antique paper. The card was machine stitched for some added detail and I tried my hand at drawing some butterflies, they turned out interesting. I stamped the teal with a stamp I have (forget from where!) and added some adhesive pearls from e. The ribbon is also from my vintage stash. I really don't know what I would do without the thriftshop, I get so many great finds there!



SUPPLIES
Bazzil Cardstock
K&Co. Paper
Vintage Ribbon
Pearls by e.
Chatterbox Rub-ons
Vintage Dictionary Page
Stamp

Thanks for checking in, leave a comment, it means a lot!

12 comments:

suzARTe July 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

This card is really lovely, the stitching looks amazing

DeeDee Catron July 22, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

this card is super gorgeous.. so romantic feeling - good job Rebecca!

Julie Tucker-Wolek July 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

I soooooooooooooooooo love love love love this!! GORGEOUS colors and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Little Schausages July 22, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

I was going to say that this is my most favorite card that I have seen of yours, it is just so.....perfect! But then I scrolled down and saw the pinwheel one and now I can't decide which I like better!

Ann July 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

So pretty...love the pearls! Thanks for playing at EBTKS!

Deb Hickman July 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

I love this card the colours are gorgeous.

Angelwood July 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM  

So lovely and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Paper Romance. hugs, Angela

Courtney Baker July 24, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

I totally see your use of the EBTKS sketch! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Winter July 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Trinh July 27, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

This is gorgeous! Congrats for being picked as a Domestic Diva!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance July 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

This is very beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Paper Romance! I hope to see more of your cards!

LORi August 16, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Gorgeous Gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing with The Pink Elephant!!

HUGS - LORi

Post a Comment