Scrapbook News and Reviews

>> Saturday, March 12, 2011

Have you seen the newest Scrapbook News and Reviews issue ? I have to admit that I haven't yet either, I should have access to the most recent issue by lunchtime today, I can hardly wait! I have 3 cards published this issue. First time I submitted anything to a magazine and all three of my submissions were accepted. If you want to see the cards that are published, you are just going to have to check the magazine out yourself! SNR is an online publication and once you subscribe you have access to all the current stuff, plus three back issues. I have to say I'm thrilled!

I will always love what I do and probably always have a craft room set up in some corner of the house, but knowing that other people like what I create seems to add some sort of validity for what I do. I glad that I can create and share my crafts with others for inspiration. Its been a wonderful learning process for me the last year or so and to be getting some recognition is huge....it inspires me to try all sorts of things I would never do otherwise.

This card was not published, so I can share it with you. I'm quite far behind in my posting, this should have been posted on the 8th, the day of the ICS Sketch # 105 reveal but its getting posted today. Must work on this being on time thing!

Dawn provided us with a fantastic and fun sketch yet again this week. I'm not thrilled with how the card turned out, but it happens. Not everything that gets created is going to be a show stopper! While I don't love the overall look of this card, there are some really fun elements that I do love. The postcard is an antique that I have had for a long time, as is the stamp. Both are from the 50's I think and were so much fun to incorporate into a card design. Of course, there is lots of distressing and stitching. I think I might be a bit of an ink addict!


SUPPLIES:
My Minds Eye Paper
Rhonna Farrer Rub Ons
Vintage Buttons, postage stamp, and postcard
Droplets
Prima flower
Thickers

0 comments:

Post a Comment