Our Vintage Affair

>> Sunday, March 27, 2011

I found a new challenge site this weekend and I am pretty excited about this one.  It is called Our Vintage Affair.


One of the things I like best, aside from the great challenges & prizes, is the fact that they give you the whole month to complete your projects.  There are a lot of challenge sites I love playing along with, but sometimes a week just isn't enough time for me to get my act together and the challenge has ends before I complete my project.  

 I decided to play along with the March layout challenge which was to follow the sketch, plus incorporate butterflies into your layout.  Though to be honest, given the butterfly kick I have been on lately, it would probably have been more of a challenge for me to NOT include butterflies in my layout then to include them.  I did find creating a page in the "vintage" look to be a challenge though - as much as I love that style of scrapbooking (love Melissa Francis) I've never quite been able to pull it off to my satisfaction. 

Here is what I ended up with - 

SUPPLIES
K&Company patterned paper (I think)
Unknown patterned cardstock
Prima jewels & pearls
Vintage Label graphic from The Graphics Fairy
Unknown doilie, crepe paper, embellished pins, vintage button
American Crafts foam thickers
Chipboard die-cuts from AR Creations
Hand dyed seam binding from The French Market

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek March 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

This is BEAUTIFUL! Loving the birdcage! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

loriete March 29, 2011 at 1:57 AM  

It is simply gorgeous! And even if you preffered not to have butterflies, but they look so beautiful on your layout! And the take on the sketch is so pretty! i simply love your LO! Thanks for playing with us at OVA!

loriete March 29, 2011 at 1:59 AM  

Oh, sorry, I missunderstood you about butterflies! He he... I love butterflies, they simply fit everywere, aren't they? He he...

Dawn♥ March 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

Stunning layout! I love vintage looking cards as well as layouts. YOu did a remarkable job.

Post a Comment