Embellish Magazine

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Its been a while since I made a card for a challenge and not for one of my design teams, at least it feels like it! Have you ever noticed that sometimes you get into certain grooves and you forget about all the other things you can do, I mean, you don't have to stick to  the same old. This is the internet, there are options out there! So ... I went looking for a new challenge blog that I've never visited and something that was going to stretch me : and I found it.


Embellish Magazine Blog has some outstanding challenges and the DT talent is unbeatable. I'm a little nervous about even entering my card seeing the other ladies who participate regularly but since its stretching, its good for me! Normally, these are not colours that I would ever in a million years pick myself. I don't consider myself a very pink/purple person with my paper (in real life I love both colours), but for some reason I never naturally gravitate towards it. How about you? Are there colours that you find you never use? I'd love to hear about it!


Anyways, on to the card! The inspiration as I said was difficult and it was a good thing I think. I had some trouble finding papers that all matched, but have to admit the music really was the easy part. I have books of old sheet music that I've picked up from the thrift store and had forgotten I had. There was a time where almost every card I was making had music notes drifting in some corner! Same with flowers, I feel like its been ages since I made one for a card, so I had to add one, for old times sake.

SUPPLIES:
My Minds Eye Paper, Brad
Recollections Paper
Misc Ribbon, Pearl, Ink, Thread
Polka Dot Door Pin
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch

If you haven't, I'd encourage you to check out the Embellish Blog, its gorgeous. I know I'll be back there often for inspiration! 

 


3 comments:

Geri March 17, 2011 at 5:55 AM  

Love how this turned out Rebecca! Love your take on the colors and how you "splashed" your elements on in a way that's so balanced! Really cute and fresh!! Thanks for your comment on my CR84FN card and, yes, I did make the rose. If you have ever made a ribbon rose--same technique--just using torn strips of fabric. Glad you visited and so glad you liked what you saw!! Love your blog!!

jen March 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

I LOVE this! All of your elements look beautiful together!! :)

Cristina March 20, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

So, so glad that you joined us! That striped paper and those teeny butterflies are killing me! Love them.

Post a Comment