Really Reasonable Ribbon : For the Boys

>> Saturday, March 26, 2011



{if you are looking for the Faith Blog Hop, its one post down}

Really Reasonable Ribbon (blog) has an interesting challenge this week that I thought I would try my hand at. Create a masculine card with ribbon. Usually I'd try to keep the ribbon off a card for my guys (its like putting pink on a guys card, right?) but have to say, once I got past the "this feels wrong" I was pleasantly surprised with how the card turned out. Hopefully the guy who gets this card doesn't feel its a little to girly some ribbon.

I had quite a few vintage things in my stash that I have been hoarding that I decided I must allow to see the light of day for once, they also managed to make their way onto the card. Because of how long I've had some of it, I can't remember where I got it (as in the "Fresh Oranges" vintage tag). Buttons I always know where they came from, the local thriftstore! They are always selling piles of buttons for pennies, so I'm fairly certian my stash of those isn't going to run out anytime soon ...



Its sort of a grey, dull, wintery afternoon. I can't help but wish spring was here. The bright colours on the card reflect my mood a little I think. I have always found it easier to imagine spring and summer and fall too, with orange! Can't forget to mention either, I added some 'bling' to the card so its eligible for the latest Do You Stack Up challenge. I'd like to think I didn't need the help of a sketch for this card, but Card Patterns #108 was just a little to good not to be useful ...



SUPPLIES: 
My Minds Eye Paper, rhinestones
Misc Ribbon, buttons, embellishments, sheet music
Wilton Doily
Making Memories Pins

I hope your day is a little less white!

10 comments:

Anonymous,  March 26, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

This is a really great card! I love all the elements you used.

WencheP March 27, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Love it! It's so cool, love the details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Lea March 27, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

Wow Rebecca this is gorgeous!!!

Bonnie Garby March 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Miranda March 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

great card with some awesome details Rebecca, very cute
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Peggysue March 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

Since Friday, all I've seen is gray & drizzly skies. Depressing if you ask me!
I love your card, it has a kind of vintage look to it. Thanks for shining in our SHINE ON challenge at DYSU this week. Good luck in the draw!

Jo March 28, 2011 at 5:13 AM  

This is wonderful Rebecca! I’m so glad you joined us this week at DYSU! I love your blog!

whoistracy March 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

So pretty! Love the colors and the little pins you added. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

*Alison* March 30, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

I think this is so beautiful..Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU.. Way to "stack up" and make your creation "Shine".. can't wait to see what you create next week..

Hugs
Alison
DYSU-Owner

~amy~ April 2, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

oh my...this is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Post a Comment