A New Challenge Blog

>> Friday, September 17, 2010

The other day, someone Regan left me the following comment on one of my posts: 

This is an adorable layout! I love how everything comes together. Love those little gears! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

I will admit that my first thought was "Yeah, thanks for the compliment but you're obviously just trying to promote your own blog." which arguably wasn't very gracious; but I'm like that sometimes.

Anyway, after a couple of days my curiosity got the best of me and I went over to PapercraftStar to see what was going on, and what I found was a cool challenge blog.  Every week it is something different - sometimes it's a photo inspiration, sometimes a sketch, sometimes a layout recipes. And, the best part is that they post the challenges in advance so if you are having a particularly crafty day you could potentially complete a month's worth of challenges all at once. Oh yeah, and they have lots of prizes - who doesn't like prizes?!?!

So, thanks to Regan for stopping by my blog and letting me know about Papercraft Star.

Oh, and here is my first submission for a PCS challenge - #13 which is a sketch challenge (my favorite kind, yay!)

  SUPPLIES
Echo Park patterned paper, stickers, journaling card
Recollections cardstock
Making Memories ribbon
American Crafts thickers
Sandylion dimensional butterflies



11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

This is GORGEOUS Sarah!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, and LOVING the clouds and the banners! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~* steph :) *~ September 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

oo, i love love love your layout! it's so cute! love the pennant banners and butterflies! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown September 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

Sarah, I am so glad that Regan (one of our Creative Team) found you and that you decided to come and play along with us this week. We especially appreciate all the kind words you've provided here about us too! We are making every effort to ensure that this a fun and very user friendly challenge blog... so if there is ever anything we can do... please let us know.

As for your layout. I am SO ADORING IT! I think your interpretation of the sketch is great and it is just so bright and cheerful!

Thanks for giving us a chance and playing along with us at Papercraft Star!! We hope to see you in another challenge again real soon!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

I love your LO. I was just used those stickers as well so they really caught my eye. I love them. They make the LO so playful don´t they?.
Now I will have a look to see what else you done.

Deb Hickman September 18, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

Such a fun LO,love all the colours and the banner is fab and the cute little clouds.
Off to check out this new challenge blog,thanks for telling us,I just love challenges.

Regan September 18, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

Oh Sarah, I am so glad that you decided to stop by Papercraft Star!! This layout is so super cute!! I love it! The clouds with the banner and the flowers along the bottom! You did an amazing job!! Thank you so much for playing with us a Papercraft Star!

Regan

Tracy September 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Such a fun layout! Great bright colors. So glad you dicided to join us at papercraft Star this week. Welcome!

liz at liz's paper loft September 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

really great layout! just love it!
liz :o)

wherethey'llgo September 18, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

This layout is wonderful! A++++

The Little Schausages September 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

This page is amazing, such a cheery page and I love the clouds!

Deena September 20, 2010 at 4:02 AM  

This is a cute layout...very trendy...

Post a Comment