Perpetual Birthday Calender

>> Friday, May 21, 2010



I have been meaning to get a birthday/anniversary calender for a while but I wasn't able to find one I liked. I am not sure why it took me so long, but it finally occurred to me that I could use some of the stuff in my stash to make myself one. I even had a sturdy chipboard tabletop calender from Making Memories that worked perfectly.

SUPPLIES
Making Memories chipboard calender, metal plaques
Pink Paislee patterned paper, journaling spot, cork
Basic Grey buttons
Heidi Swapp acetate clock face
American Crafts thickers
Tim Holtz clock hand
Fancy Pants felt
Rob & Bob Studio clipboard
Scenic Route chipboard accent
Misc. ribbon, binder rings

This one has actually been in the works for a while but for some reason it took me a long time to finish it. I had an idea in my mind of how it should look but could not get it quite right. Every time I walked by my craft table and saw it sitting there I would add something to it in the hopes of "fixing it" only to discover on my next walk-by that I still wasn't happy. It wasn't until it occurred to me that I didn't have to keep adding stuff and I started taking things off that I got it to where I wanted it. I originally had a gorgeous, black velvet Prima flower on the cover which I really, really wanted to use but it had to come off. sniff. I really loved that flower. I guess I`ll just have to find something else to stick it on.


Now I just have to get around to actually filling the calender in and I will be without excuse for forgetting to send cards... or at least without the excuse that I forgot their birthday, I`ll still have all the other ones ;)


1 comments:

The Little Schausages May 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

I was just looking for one of these the other day, I don't suppose you are taking orders?

Post a Comment