Friends are flowers . . . .

>> Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a beautiful day we had today, I couldn't have asked for a nicer afternoon! We had the family over for Mother's Day and spent the afternoon just visiting and playing games. We have a new one "Ticket to Ride" that we spent some time with. What fun! Its a nice, fast paced game . . .

I will be gone for the week starting tomorrow so I thought I would catch up on some cards I needed to make for the week. I followed the newest challenge over at Caardvarks, wasn't feeling to adventurous, so I stuck pretty close to the sketch! I loved the way this card came turned out. Of course, having the glittery paper from DCWV can add such sparkle to any card! I usually find that no matter how drab the card is, if I can get some sparkles on it, that somehow fixes the biggest problems! The flowers are handmade and are so simple! I just cut them out of tissue paper using lots of layers and different sized circles. Distressing them with some ink and crumpling them by hand. They are held together using brads and thats it!



SUPPLIES:
DCWV Paper
MM Brads
Vintage Ribbon
Bazzill Cardstock
Tissue Paper


Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!



3 comments:

Sam May 10, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

So pretty. Such beautiful colors and I love the lace and tissue paper flower.

Tiffany May 10, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Wow, what a gorgeous vintage card!! I love this!

Unknown May 10, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Gorgeous! Love the vintage look!

Post a Comment