Honored

>> Friday, February 17, 2012

I've been playing along with some of Lori's challenges over at the Apron Strings blog, and today's challenge was to give yourself permission to do something you haven't before.  I chose to do a few things that I don't normally do on my layouts -

1.) I used a picture of myself that I do not particularly like because it is means a lot to me.
2.) I used a color that I virtually never use in any of my crafting endeavors: Purple
3.) I employed some techniques and a style that I love (shabby/vintage), but have never been able to pull off to my satisfaction.
4.) I wrote my journaling out by hand. 

Basically I gave myself permission to create a layout that I knew I probably wouldn't be happy with; and I am also giving myself permission to get this picture reprinted so that I can redo this page.


1 comments:

Lori March 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

ROFL . . . no! No redoing pages! This is great, you need to give yourself permission to just leave it be. It's done and it's good!

I don't use much purple either, and as for pictures of me. . .have you seen me on blog layouts? ;D

Post a Comment