Oh Right, This is My Blog Too!

>> Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I got so caught up in admiring all of my sister's gorgeous (and frequent) projects that I forgot to post any of my own!

Earlier this year I made the decision to take a bit of a break from being on any design teams or having any commitments in regards to crafting so that I could focus on other areas of my life.  It has been interesting because I am definitely a procrastinator and work best under pressure. Last year when I was on the Apron Strings design team, I frequently didn't receive my kits until a day or two before my projects were due.  And yet I usually managed to meet the deadline, often cranking out 6 or 8 pages in less than 48 hours (and occasionally even being happy with the results!)

It is completely different now.  Since I don't have any deadlines I am challenging myself to be a bit more thoughtful in my layouts, focusing more on capturing the stories of our life, including more journaling and trying out some new techniques.  It isn't uncommon for a layout to stay spread out on my workspace for a few days...which, given that my current workspace is the kitchen table means that my kids are having a lot of "picnics"!

For the layout I am going to show you today, I tried my hand at a paper pieced chevron - something I have seen popping up all over the place on Pinterest.  I also did some misting, which is something I have just started to incorporate into my layouts.  I *swore* that I was not going to get into misting, but then October Afternoon started making mists and my resolve wore down because I am pretty much on a mission to acquire every.single.product they have every made. 


I am pretty happy with how this one came together.  Aside from the fact that it is a relatively decent rare photo of my husband and I together, I am also kind of enamored with the grey and yellow color scheme.  If we weren't renting at the moment I think I would be in the midst of redecorating my whole house in these tones!
 


3 comments:

Lisa Elton June 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM  

WOW Sarah do I LOVE those soft subtle doilies topped with the sprinkling of tiny ones! Your pieced chevrons look wonderful too. I'm with you on October Afternoon, love them...but I kind of hoard it...too cute to cut LOL!!

Rebecca Mosher June 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

I just bought that exact paper the other day, I love this use for it, because its rather minamalistic :) Love this picture of the two of you, and the page really brings out the colours and feel of it.

The blog looks much better when your around!

Cheryl June 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

This is gorgeous! I love how you misted using the doilies. I am going to CASE that idea. I am totally addicted to October Afternoon products too. I always love their color combos. The pieced chevron is fabulous.

Post a Comment