Catered Crop: Color Me A Rainbow {Sarah}

>> Monday, June 25, 2012


This week I am so excited to be joining the lovely ladies (including my own sister, Rebecca) over at the Catered Crop as a member of the design team!  I cannot even begin to tell you how much of an honor it is to have been asked to join such a talented group of crafters.



This week's recipe swap is "Color Me A Rainbow" and it gave me the perfect excuse to break into some of the October Afternoon "Fly a Kite" collection that I have been hoarding.  I have a special affection for this collection because it is the line that started my obsession with OA products.  I really like the cheerful color scheme and the whimsical designs.  

  Supplies used: October Afternoon patterned paper, stickers and journal card, 
Jenni Bowlin vintage buttons, American Crafts thickers, ribbon and cardstock.

I am not sure if my design quite lives up the expectations I had for this paper, but in the end I am really happy with this layout for a completely different reason.  While I was working on it, I jokingly asked my husband if he would do the journaling for me. To my compete surprise, he said "yes".  Since the photos are of our kids with their great-grandmother on his side, I think it is special to have their daddy's perspective on the day. 



3 comments:

Lisa Elton June 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Oh this is just the sweetest Sarah! I too am a big OA fan, love what you've done with this collection. Sweet photos and how fun that your hubby did the journaling!!

Silke Ledlow June 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

WELCOME TO THE TEAM LADIES!!! We are excited to having you and your scrap-page is totally cute! Hugs ~S~

Silke Ledlow July 3, 2012 at 5:32 AM  

Sarah, this is such a beautiful scrap-page...love all the details! Hugs ~S~

Post a Comment