Its a busy sort of a weekend ....

>> Friday, June 8, 2012

I have a to-do list when it comes to cards. A little funny perhaps, but with so many occasions constantly popping up I try to make my cards specifically for certain individuals, instead of just stock piling them (though I do that too!). If I don't keep a list of all the things coming up, I tend to forget what I need. Somehow the fact that I needed a card for an upcoming Jack and Jill Party escaped me until this morning (the party is this weekend) so I decided I better get right on it. I turned to some of my favourite challenge sites for inspiration and decided to try and keep it CAS, something I'm not the best at, but do enjoy the results. Over at CAS-ual Friday's its all about Polkadots! And seeing as I love polkadots, its was the perfect challenge to play along with.

SUPPLIES
October Afternoon Paper
Antique Buttons, floss, ribbon
Martha Stewart Ink

Challenges: 

Now its off to clean the rest of the house and get ready for a busy weekend! Coming from a big family to just my husband and I, I had this funny little idea that life would actually be a little less busy. Doesn't seem to work that way though! There is far more on my plate these days than there ever was when I was single, and its only going to get crazier!

 My kittens are experts at taking it easy. Maybe I should follow their examples one of these days?

Ah well, such is life.

and I positively love it :)

13 comments:

Jeanette June 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM  

This is so pretty. I love the photos on top of your blog, I must stay awhile and look around!

Kasey ~ in Oz June 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM  

CAS is something I really struggle with and you make it look so easy! This is a fabulous card Rebecca.

Thank you for sharing it with us this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Whimsy Digi DT

Lisa Elton June 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM  

Be still my heart..the sweetness of polka dots! Love the trio of banners with the fluttery butterfly Rebecca and the little lace detail! Delightful card ;)

Jen Timko June 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM  

This is a fantastic card! Love the lace and buttons together. Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Sannes June 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

This card has such a "WOW!" factor about it! I had to stop and take it all in for a few minutes. I love all of the little details that make it special. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach June 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

Very pretty card! I love the lace and buttons! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anita Scroggins June 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM  

Love your card! I have such a hard time with cards. I just can't fit enough stuff on them is my problem! Convention was fabulous!!!

Unknown June 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

I love your card! I like the "less is more" quality of it.

Maureen June 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM  

I just love the whimsy of your card...a little bit of this and a little bit of that...all fabulous :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Anonymous,  June 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM  

This card is so pretty and feminine! You made a great work combining the different embellishments.
Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Ps: Those kittens melt my heart!

Christina June 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

Beautiful combination of challenges, Rebecca! I love how the banners balance the cluster of buttons and your simple heart focal point. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Lisa A. June 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM  

Hi Rebecca!! Had to google jack and jill party...now I am educated!! This is a wonderful wedding/engagement/shower card...could be used for anything wedding related...love your use of the polka dots!! Your kittens are sweet:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy June 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM  

This is so sweet and pretty - I adore that yummy polka dot heart. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Post a Comment