Oh Happy Day!

>> Thursday, April 26, 2012

I had some time last night while the hubby worked on estimates and invoicing for the month (fun, fun!) and without a clear reason in mind sat down to create something fun without any deadlines, design teams, or birthdays that required a card. Of course I turned to a few challenge sites to help get the mojo flowing, but it was nice to make something because I wanted to, instead of because I needed a project done :)

I've been eyeing the negative space cards (not sure what else you call them!) for some time and decided to try my hand at something a little more 3D and CAS than I might normally create. Had to keep telling myself "Do not use ink. Do not use ink!"

SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye Paper : Fine and Dandy and Misc. 
Cosmo Cricket : Font type
Vintage Buttons and Floss

I started by cutting out the cloud shapes using the Fiskars cloud punch(s) and adhering it to the card with 3D tape, filling in the blank space with scraps of My Minds Eye paper (can't remember the collections anymore!). The rest was easy peasy as all I had to do then was create the kite and adhere the letters. It was a great way to use up some of the itty bitty pieces of my favourite papers that I just couldn't bear to throw away!

Challenges :

Hope you have a "happy" day!

8 comments:

Berry April 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM  

Just wonderful thanks for playing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

Unknown April 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Hi there, ooh this is sooo elegant! Love the way the negative has been used over the papers.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Mary Jo April 30, 2012 at 4:35 AM  

Love! Oh so whimsical and fun! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Lisa Elton April 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM  

Your little kite is darling Rebecca and those peek a boo clouds too much fun!

suzARTe May 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM  

this card is just lovely, my favourite style is CAS and you have made this card so beautifully, the clouds and kite certainly makes me feel happy.

it's great to make a card for no particular reason :) :)

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

WencheP May 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

I like it! Such a cool design. Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

Oscar May 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM  

oh my Rebecca, this is stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at DYSU this week!

Aimes May 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Love this! So whimsical and fun!
Hugs!
x

Post a Comment