MME Alphabet Soup Canvas

>> Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am by my very nature, a hoarder of the 10th degree if there is such a thing. Another word could also be pack-rat but that sounds more like I stash garbage all around the house. I like to think of myself as more of a keeper of nice things, and frightened to use them because I no longer have them in my stash at my beck and call should I ever decided (heaven forbid!) to use it. I hoard all things that I love, and perhaps none more so than a little package of Alphabet Soup Playing Cards that Sarah gave me a few years ago from MME.


They looked very nice in my stash and although I have attempted a number of times to use one or two from the set on various projects, I never could quite bring myself to do it. I'm rather grateful now because it meant when the rather brilliant idea of setting them on a canvas came to me, I still had the entire alphabet.


Although it hurt a little to dig into that long preserved stash and adhere them to the canvas (using Mod Podge if you're curious to the method) I calm myself with the knowledge that in a way, I'm still hoarding them, only this time instead of being buried in a place only I can enjoy them, the adorable playing cards are proudly displayed on the wall, in a room that deserves some really cute things. Baby Mosher will make its appearance in August and while I always told myself I was not going to be one of those Mother's who had to have the nursery decorated before baby arrived, I don't quite seem to be fitting into the mold I made for myself. This isn't the first project that I've made that is now adorning the walls of the room, but I'm leaving those projects for another post.


SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye Alphabet Soup Playing Cards
Fine and Dandy Brads
Misc MME Papers

And even though it kind of looks like everything is in the "pink" theme, we don't actually know the gender of the baby. Pink might not be a manly colour, but I figure that if I am getting good enough deals on a few used pink items (namely the Bumboo Seat) before baby arrives, and he's a ... him, he'll be small enough that he won't know the difference, and I'll be so happy about the money I saved, it won't matter to much :) The other projects I'm working on are much more gender neutral. Its just that Sarah gave me the girl Alphabet Soup cards, so really, what was I to do?

I knew I wanted to make something differant for the April Challenge at "Challenge me Happy" and I think this fits well inside the guidelines of "Anything Goes" :) 

Its a blustery day outside, wet, wet snow is falling. I had hoped spring had arrived, but it seems to have missed that memo. Hoping your day is a filled with a little more sunshine, and a little less snow.

11 comments:

Sabr April 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM  

Have been hoarding these cards as well! Your project is the perfect use for them and looks so lovely hanging in a girly nursery!

Lisa Elton April 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM  

Well congratulations on your special bundle! Baby girl or baby boy this is an adorable addition to the nursery. Can't wait to see what else you've created for the baby's room ��

Jan Hennings April 15, 2012 at 5:07 AM  

Too cute! Love the bright colors :)

Rita Barakat April 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM  

Adorable project! I have so many paper I hoard - terrible habit! LOL! Congrats!

Missy Whidden April 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

This is soooo cute! I really love the bright colors, and what a perfect piece for a nursery! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at CMH!

Hannah Blair April 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM  

So gorgeous, and what a clever idea! I think it's just adorable and will be perfect in your nursery. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Me Happy :-)

norine April 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM  

Great job and I LOVE the finished result!! Thanks so much for joining us at CMH!!

Diana Fisher April 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

This is such a great idea and I love how it turned out! :)

Meg Houghton June 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM  

I just LOVE this!!! Colours are perfect!!! I can see why you didn't want to ever use them!

Post a Comment