{rebecca} Sometimes all you need is a good reason.

>> Friday, January 28, 2011

I can't remember the last time I made a scapbook page. Whenever I sit down to craft its always cards, so much so that the thought of doing a scrapbook page had become a little scary. Sarah does such beautiful work that I can't help but feel like that it is her 'domain' and I had better stick with cards. but .... we were talking the other night about how hobbies (like scrapbooking!) aren't about being the best or creating works of art all the time, its about preserving memories and having fun ... even when you know you aren't going to be the best. I was inspired to try again and here is my attempt. I don't know if this means I'll be scrapping a lot more in the future, but it does mean that I had a memory I wanted to preserve and I had lots of fun!

I machine stitched around the edges as well as distressed with my chocolate ink. The flowers are hand-made and I sprayed (lots!) of glimmer mist on the thickers to make them the colour I wanted. The colour they were originally did not quite match :-) The Rubons are from my (fast) decreasing supply of Chatterbox. If anyone knows where I could get some more I would be eternally grateful!

Can`t help feeling like it looks a lot like a card I just made . . . . 



SUPPLIES:
Making Memories Paper
Sassafrass Brads
K an Co. Brads
Bazzill Cardstock
Chatterbox Rubons
Thickers
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Amanda Profumo January 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

This is a fantastic layout! Be confident! Continue your scrappin' and you will enjoy it! ;)
Love all the details, especially the stitching!

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that quote!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous,  January 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM  

This is a beautiful layout! I love the stitching and those colors and that framing! Beautiful flowers!
Thanks so much for joining us at Fave Things!

Merissa January 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

Oh my Rebecca Lynn! That is stellar!!

LOVE it. =D

Post a Comment