Sketchy Thursdays July Guest Design Team Challenge

>> Tuesday, June 15, 2010


It officially feels like summer. The kids and I spent the afternoon picking (and eating) strawberries in the garden. It was wonderful. I also got some really cute shots of Ellie in the strawberry patch making an adorable mess of herself. I've been saving some really sweet strawberry paper from last month's Little Red Scrapbook which will be absolutely perfect for these photos. I can't wait to get them printed.

I also finished my layout for the Sketchy Thursday's July Guest Design Team Challenge last night. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, though I am not loving the photos I took. I really need to get a better set up for photographing my work. Frustrating.

Have you seen the Dear Lizzy line from American Crafts? I have been coveting it since it came out, especially these and these, but I have been really good and have restrained myself from ordering the whole thing... so far.

Anyway, as soon as I saw the July Guest Design Team Challenge sketch from Sketchy Thursdays I had visions of a layout using the Dear Lizzy line, but since I don't currently have it I had to try to get the "look" using stuff I had on hand. I taught myself ( or rather, Youtube taught me) how to crochet to satisfy my longing for crocheted flowers. Unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with a way to make my own chipboard bicycles so I had to forgo those for now.

SUPPLIES
DCWV patterned paper
Bazzill cardstockMaking Memories trims, paint
Pink Paislee patterned paper
K&Company patterned paper, bling, dimensional stickers
Misc yarn, vintage ribbon, twine, mini clothes pins, chipboard alphas, rubons



Well, I have a fussy baby who really wants to be put to bed I should probably stop ignoring her. Have a good night,


3 comments:

heidi June 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek June 20, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the dresses with the clothes pins!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post a Comment