Memory Maze BlogHop!

>> Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome to the Memory Maze's first ever blog hop!!

If you didn't come from Erin Reed's blog or you popped upon this blog and didn't realize we were blog hopping you need to go to the Memory Maze blog and start the HOP!

We hope to inspire you to get out your chipboard or to order more wonderful designs from your local shop. You will need to comment on ALL of the blogs to be eligible for the prize. Plus some of our awesome designers are giving away a prize on their blogs as well. You will not want to miss out on the prizes. Here's what you could win from Memory Maze.

  

Our theme for this blog hop is Technique, each of our wonderful design team members will show you how to decorate those chipboard pieces or create new chipboard pieces.

 I created a fun, sweet vintage card and wanted to show you the process I took to create the effect on the chipboard. Unfortunately the photos don't quite show off the versatility of the chipboard and how well it takes to different techniques, but its fabulous!


 I started off with these three pieces of chipboard, corner scroll, birdcage, and "sweet".


Before I did anything else, I decided the corner piece wasn't quite the shape I wanted, so usin an exacto knife, I along some of the lines and ended up with this fun, custom scrollwork! The chipboard is easy to cut, even though its very strong.


I then applied a very generous amount of glimmermist with a pain brush! It applies a gorgeous, almost burnt glitter effect this way. It was a technique I stumbled actross because my sprayer stopped working and I needed to change the colour of my chipboard. The paint brush works great if you want a nice, even layer.


My final step in customizing the chipboard was to take a white inkpad and stamp over the surface, it creates a beautiful chic antique look.


 and here is the finished product on the card.






 Our blog hop runs from Monday 20th May and you have 5 days to do the hop. You must comment on all the blogs for a chance at the Prize's, and return here with your answer to a question hidden on one of our designers blogs. The Winner will be announced here on the 26th May !

The next stop on the blog hop is Julene Mathews so pop on over and leave her some love. Thank you for playing along with our first Blog Hop, we hope that you had fun and will be back to join in again.

 Here is a list and order for our blog hop. 


Good luck Everyone!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton May 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM  

Love the vintage feel to your pretty card Rebecca! The technique you used on the chipboard is beautiful!

Unknown May 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM  

I love that you have used so many different textures .. awsome

Stacey May 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM  

Gorgeous card!! I love how you painted the mist on. I am a new follower now!~

BlackDamaskDesigns May 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM  

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your techniques, I am learning so much!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie May 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM  

Beautiful card! Love how you cut the chipboard to make it fit your card design!

Giorgia Rossini May 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM  

thank you for the inspiration :)

Jackie May 24, 2013 at 4:31 AM  

Beautiful card!!! Now I know what to do with my glimmer mists that are stuck!! LOL Thanks for the tip!!

Beeceecreativity May 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM  

amazing creations using chipboard.. so glad to have hopped .. very inspirational.. TFS and new follower

~Tammy~ May 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM  

So pretty and vintagy! Love the chipboard pieces you added! ;-)))

Post a Comment