{Rebecca} Catered Crop White Pages Quickfire Challenge

>> Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Its time for another Recipe Exchange over at Catered Crop and let me tell you, this one was a challenge for me! White Pages, highlighting mainly well....the colour white. I'm not really a white person. I love color and patterns, textures, and basically anything besides just plain white. Case in point, there isn't a white wall in my house, every single wall is painted.


But I persisted and in the end was able to to create something that I'm rather happy with. I wasn't able to stick quite entirely with just white, so I compromised, but kept it simple with the addition of kraft paper.


SUPPLIES
White and Kraft paper from Stash
Starbucks cup liners
Vintage ribbons and buttons

Be sure to check out Sarah's project as well in a few days and the other gorgeous creations that I know the other ladies are cooking up. You still have almost 2 weeks to enter the challenge and I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

Challenges :

11 comments:

Pia S August 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

This is just my kind of card! Not that I have produced anything like this one myself... The kraft paper against the white looks beautiful and you've added such lovely elements. Love this design!
PS: In case you're not aware of it - you've got Word Verification turned on. Unfortunately that will prevent many people from leaving some lovely comments on your beautiful work, so you should consider to turn it off.

kadie August 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM  

Lovely card, Rebecca! Makes me want to start on my Christmas cards early. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

Ribbon Girl August 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM  

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge. Mary G x

Cheryl August 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Gorgeous! I love the texture and white & kraft color combo. Beautiful work!

Anonymous,  August 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM  

So pretty! I love all the different textures in this card and how beautifully you mixed them!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Ren-Yi August 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM  

This card is truly amazing! I love the beautiful kraft trees and i think you manage to highlight white just nicely! i'll have to get cracking with my project ;)

Lisa Elton August 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM  

Such wonderful texture with this pretty combination of elements Rebecca! Pretty card!!!

Ren-Yi August 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM  

I think i told you how stunning this was already. A big thank you for entering at Paperplay this week!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy August 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM  

This is just gorgeous! Love the texture that the coffee cup sleeve adds, and the lace really dresses it up! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Lisa A. August 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM  

What a beautiful card, Rebecca!! LOVE the use of the kraft and white...simply stunning....and the lace and buttons, such wonderful detail...all just beautiful:)!! Thanks so for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Diane August 18, 2012 at 4:48 AM  

Have to say I LOVE this card.....I just might have to make one (or 2) for my xmas card stash this year....it just "speaks to me"...lol...anywho...love it!!

Post a Comment