{Rebecca} Catered Crop : Flower Power

>> Thursday, March 21, 2013

  Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
   ~ John Lennon

I would be lieing if I said the first thing that popped into my head when this challenge was announced wasn't 70's pop music, orange and tie dye, peace and hippies, and VW vans. That was way before my time, but I still have always associated "Flower Power" with the generation that my parents were teenagers in. But of course, since that wasn't my generation, my card has absolutley nothing to do with 70's Flower Power. It took a much more shabby turn.


It has been a while since I crafted anything quite like this, but its a style I love and my pinterest boards are full of inspiration images that are more shabby and chic. I took the opportunity to create a girly card and pulled out my flowers and had a ball!


I can't wait to see what the other designers have created and encourage you to go take a peak, and if you have time, to play along with this challenge. Who doesn't love the prospect of getting to be Catered Crops guest designer? Fun, fun!
I'm so ready for Spring, aren't you? Let's celebrate with some Flower Power. Just include flowers somewhere in your project – as a stamped image, in your pattern paper, or as an embellishment – anyway you choose.


  • Just show us any project using a flower.
  • Include a link to us at Catered Crop or add our button, which you can grab on our sidebar or at our {button gallery}.
  • Link up and link often, but be sure you link up by 8:00 PM EST on Saturday, March 30.
  • Keep the party hopping by visiting the other players and leaving comments.
  • Check back with us on March 31 to see if you've won an opportunity to be a guest designer.

CHALLENGES :

7 comments:

Lisa Elton March 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM  

Beautiful card, so delightfully frilly and feminine! Love the butterfly nestled among the sparkly flourish!!

Jen Brum March 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM  

What a lovely card Rebecca! I love all of those flowers! The butterfly and bling is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan March 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM  

Such a lovely card - so sweet and frilly!

Linda McClain March 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM  

Hee Hee . . . the 70's is totally what I had in mind for this challenge, because, Yes I am a child of the 70's. I love your card! As ways - your cards always make me smile!

Narelle Farrugia March 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM  

Gorgeous use of flowers and bling Rebecca! So many pretty details to look at! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Meihsia Liu March 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM  

Such a gorgeous card, Rebecca. Love the beautiful soft colors and those pretty flowers. ^_^

Post a Comment