Sending you showers of Thanks!

>> Tuesday, June 21, 2011

 I recently made a scrapbook layout (you'll see it on July 1st) with some of my favourite papers from the Fine and Dandy line from My Minds Eye and as it always turns out, I had lots of scraps to use. Its one thing I love about card making, I get to use the papers I love, again and again, especially when I make the smaller cards (5" x 3.5").

This card is based on the fabulous ICS sketch created by Dawn.  I happen to know that there are free stamps being offered as a prize this week, so hurry over and play along with the rest of the team!

I printed off the sentiment from this card from an image I created in Paint Shop. I've been looking at a lot of sentiments recently and bemoaning the fact that I didn't have any creative stamps for sentiments and then I realized that I can just make them up, and print them myself! Its not quite as handy as having the stamps, but I am enjoying the flexibility of being able to resize if I need to, or come up with custom sayings. I don't know why I didn't think of it before :)


SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye Paper
American Crafts Stamp
My Minds Eye Brads
Misc Pearls

Its been raining for quite a number of days here, apparently its affecting my card making :) Hoping that you day is a little more sunshiney and cheerful!


4 comments:

DeeDee Catron June 21, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

LOVE the embellishments as rain drops, Rebecca. and great tip on making your own sentiments in a program - I often say "Wish this said ____ or ____ instead" and it never occurred to me to just do it myself!

Tracy June 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

Fab sentiment, thankyou for sharing.
Tracy xx

Tammy June 24, 2011 at 4:53 AM  

Lovely card and sentiment. A very unique thank you card!

Taheerah June 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

Gorgeous card, very funky! Thank you for the love you left on my blog!

Post a Comment