The Whole Gang

>> Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I don't scrapbook often as you can tell by reading through the blog. I've been trying to change this trend though, as scrapbooking is another great way to be crafting when my card box is full and I have no design team requirements to fill! Its been a stretch for me, coming away from my 4 x 6 canvas and moving into the 12 x 12. Mostly because I'm now working with a square shape, instead of the rectangle. Am I the only cardmaker who has trouble with the bigger size work space?

I really need to go and get some pictures printed off for some new pages. My photo stash is quite small since I wasn't scrapbooking. Now that I'm doing a little more of it, its time to get some recent photos printed off. I saw the technique for the flower embellishment thingy on the CARDS blog a few weeks back. I've been wanting to try it for some time and this seemed the best place for it. The other embellishments on the page are stacked buttons from my stash, and floss swirled this way and that. I printed off the journaling and cut it in random places to look a little more interesting. Overall I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Took me an awfully long time, but we don't need to go into details .... :) I hope to be making a few more pages in the upcoming months, its certainly a good exercise for my crafting abilities!

SUPPLIES
My Minds Eye Paper
Misc Staples, floss, buttons
American Crafts Thickers

2 comments:

Lea April 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Great layout Rebecca! Love the base paper and what you did with the twine! Oh and that flower is fabulous!!! Keep up with the scrapbooking, you're great at it! I find it difficult to do cards, too small of a canvas :)

Post a Comment