Sassy Lil' Sketches #4

>> Thursday, April 7, 2011

Twice a month I have the privilege of working with the talented group of ladies from the Sassy Lil' Card Sketches team, and its always one of the highlights of the month. I love the sketches that Cherie comes up with, and perhaps maybe none more so than this weeks challenge .... Its simple, yet there is so much room for interpretation. I love how my card came out using the sketch as inspiration. Maybe you should check out the website as well, because not only do you (like me) get a helping start, but if you play along there are fabulous prizes to be won from The Crafters Workshop!



There are so many birthdays around here (with 12 siblings + grandkids + inlaws + boyfriends huge family) one can certianly tire of balloons and "Happy Birthdays", its nice when I get an excuse to make something for some other reason, like when I want to write a letter to a friend who happens to be on the other side of the continent. Thats a perfectly good reason, right?

There are lots of banners out there right now, its a very popular item on both LO and cards, but when I saw the button banner on a brilliant lady's site, I knew that it was time to change the whole banner thing up, just a touch. the buttons are threaded onto the DMC floss, and then glued in place (with my trusty little glue gun, maybe not the most innovative usage in the world, but its proved to be the best where lots of buttons are involved). Butterflies were punched using the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch (thanks Sarah!) and distressed using glimmer mist. Its actually quite painless, the wetness from the mist causes the little pieces of paper to fold into just the  right curves!

There are a lot of things about this card I like, but maybe I should just show it to you so you can tell me if you like it!

SUPPLIES:
DMC Floss
Prima Flower
Making Memories alpha, hardware
Chaterbox Rub on alphas
Misc buttons, fibre, clock
K & Company Ancestry Paper

Its a beautiful spring day, I hope you are out enjoying the sunshine after this long winter!


2 comments:

Karen Aicken April 7, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Oh, this is such a pretty card. I adore the brown butterflies, and how you curled the wings.
Cheers, Karen
Alteredscrapbooking.com

BrendaB April 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

This is so pretty! I love your button banner!

Post a Comment