Get Sketchy #61

>> Friday, October 22, 2010

Ok, I have to admit that this week's sketch had me stumped.  Apparently I am not a "circle scrapper" because whenever I see circles on a sketch my mind goes completely blank.

My first try at this sketch was to rotate it onto its side and make a tri-fold card shaped like a purse.  I was going to do a beaded wire handle and tie it closed with a bow as shown on the sketch. The only problem was I couldn't find my beads... or wire... so that idea didn't work.

In the end, I am sorry to admit that I wasted quite a bit of paper as I tried to put together a card that does justice to the sketch. My finished card is kind of sad given the amount of time and effort I put into it - just a small, simple, gift card holder.



SUPPLIES
Recollections cardstock
Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, chipboard sticker
Prima rhinestones
Studio G stamped sentiment
Ranger ink

Fortunately the rest of the design team did not suffer from any creative blocks this week - there is some gorgeous inspiration over at the Get Sketchy blog for your enjoyment (not to mention a fabulous prize). Hopefully I will recover my mojo in time for next week's challenge. 

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 22, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the bling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea October 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Sorry to hear this card was such a frustration to do but I really like it!!! The paper is great and I love the bling!!!

Post a Comment