May arts Design Team Call : Round 1

>> Saturday, May 12, 2012



I decided I would go ahead and give this a shot, even though I know there are some wonderfully talented ladies who are applying for the same position. May Arts is such a neat company with some gorgeous ribbon that I couldn't resist the opportunity to at least promote the call and the company! May Arts asked for projects that highlighted the use of ribbons and while I'm not fortunate enough to have their ribbons in my collection (there is an order about to be placed though!) I have hoards and hoards of vintage ribbon that I keep picking up from thrift shops that almost always finds its way onto my projects. So I thought I would share.'

Project {One}
I made this card specifically for the call using up bits and pieces from what was left over from my Prima kit. I love how vintage this card feels, and the ribbon that was included was absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to work with! Its not a complicated card, and came together rather simply. Just a few layers of paper (cardstock then the patterned paper), added the doillie and ribbon, and crafted the centerpiece from a 1960's songbook, and finished it off with a Recollections journelling tag and butterfly. Perfect card for any occasion!

Challenges:


Project {Two}
This card I actually made for our bloghop a few weeks back, but had posted it to my personal blog so its new to the Polkadot Door! I had so much fun with this card! There were so many fun textures and techniques that went into it, and it was such a fun twist on the typical sunbeam card to use these colours and a vintage spin. There is lots of ribbon and fibers here, all of which once again, are antique finds from the local thrift shops. I thought that creating a sunbeam card couldn't be all that hard, but have only had marginal success in the past, once I discovered this template from Melz Stamps, it was so much easier!

Project {Three}
I love using ribbon on my projects, whether cards, layouts, or some of the altered items I've made. Its just such a perfect product to add that special "pop". Finding a third project with ribbon wasn't a problem, but I wanted to find just the right one, so I dug around in the archives a little and came back with one. This is an older project that I made a few years back. But it uses a fair amount of ribbon so I thought it was a good candidate :) I used four different ribbons, the first two should be easy to spot, the other two I twisted up and turned into "roses" on the bottom right hand corner of the circle. Its such a bright card and so girly! It seems when I'm in the ribbon mood, I tend to make girl cards!

Thank you so much May Arts for this opportunity!  To everyone else who is interested in the call details, it can be found here, on the May Arts Blog until the 15th of June!

12 comments:

Lisa Elton May 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM  

The best of luck to you! These are all FABULOUS!! Happy Mother's Day ;)

mommyof5kidz May 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

Beautiful cards! Good Luck!
Thanks for playing along with us over at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
And Happy Mother's Day!

Tracy Ercole May 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM  

Wow, beautiful cards. Good luck with the design team call

Cheryl May 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

Good luck! Each of these are GORGEOUS!

Unknown May 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM  

Gorgeous cards Rebecca!

Thanks for joining us this moth at berry71bleu.

Kirsty Vittetoe May 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM  

Wonderful creation, thanks for sharing!

Vicky Varvadouka May 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM  

Good luck! They are beautiful!!!

Jan Garber May 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

So great to see you applied for the DT at DYSU! I am only one of the team members, but I can say that I am totally awed by your projects! Good luck! Will start following the Polkadot Door posts, too!

Cathy May 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

All such gorgeous card Rebecca.. thanks so much for sharing with us at B71B :))

Channa May 18, 2012 at 5:51 AM  

Gorgeous cards!! Amazing works, thank you for joining us at B71B. channa

Amanda Aveiro May 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Best of luck in your DT endeavors! Beautiful card for the b71b challenge!!! Thanks for playing with us.

Mitralee May 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

I agree, best of luck! Those are some lovely cards! The music notes on the first one really caught my eye! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

Post a Comment