>> Wednesday, October 19, 2011
As usual, all of the projects created based on this month's inspiration image were gorgeous! It is amazing how the same image can inspire so many beautiful, but completely unique creations. It was difficult to choose a winner because we loved all the entries, but at the end of the day we decided to award the prize to Lisa because we could not get over how cute her little gnomes were!
We love how she incorporated so many elements from the inspiration image and added texture with the felt clouds and hats. Congratulations Lisa! Be sure to grab your badge.
>> Saturday, October 15, 2011
Our fabulous design team certainly delivered some amazing projects this month and I certainly could not have picked just one favorite! Fortunately though it was not up to me - the blog hoppers voted and this month the designer with the winning project is
Even though Amanda admits to being a bit stumped by the inspiration image, we think her layout perfectly reflects the spirit of challenge. I especially love the cool blue background offset by the vibrant red accents, and the girls in her photo are even cuter than the gnomes! Be sure to check out Amanda's blog Random Sweetness to see more of her beautiful work.
Congratulations Amanda, you will receive the awesome papercrafting kit from Scrappydoodads. Please email Polkadotdoordesigns@gmail.com to collect your prize, and be sure to grab your badge.
We will be back in a few days to post the November Design Team and Challenge Winners!
>> Friday, October 14, 2011
I don't know what it is, but there is just something about a rainy fall day that I find so cozy. It's the kind of day where I can justify letting the kids stay in their pajamas all day, ignore the housework and serve leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kind of day where I don't feel bad putting a movie on for the kids and hiding myself in my scrapbooking room for the whole afternoon.
We had a day like that last week, which conveniently coincided with the arrival of my October Apron Strings kit.
I was so excited when I discovered that this month's Bigger Than a Bread Box kit had papers from October Afternoon's Boarding Pass collection. I am a huge OA fan! Even though I didn't really have any true "travel" photos, I found that the papers were versatile enough to use for some everyday photos of my kids.
I was not quite as excited about the other patterned paper in the kit. While it is beautiful, I wasn't sure how I was going to use Fancy Pants' October 31 collection since we don't really "do" Halloween in this house.
In the end I dug up some fall photos of Emma and Isaac that were taken about three years ago. I had actually scrapped these pictures before but was never satisfied with the resulting pages so I was happy to take the opportunity for a redo.
This layout is based on a sketch by Becky Fleck. I have a bit of a hard time with double page layouts, but I am trying to challenge myself to do them more often. It is nice to be able to include so many photos and extensive journaling.
It was Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, so I also created a quick card from my scraps.
All in all, I'd say that my rainy day was pretty productive.
Don't forget to link up your entry for this month's challenge before Midnight on Monday (Oct 17th). Not only will this month's winner receive a gift certificate to Berry71Bleu, but they will also join us as a member of next month's Design Team and be eligible for November's Featured Designer Prize!
Have a marvelous weekend!
>> Thursday, October 13, 2011
to make sure you are entered for this month's fabulous prizes!
The deadline for linking up your project based on this month's inspiration image is midnight, October 17th!
The creator of our favorite submission will receive a $20 gift certificate for beautiful, vintage style embellished tags from Berry71Bleu Boutique!
Make sure you visit all the stops on the blog hop and leave a comment here on the Polkadot Door by the 15th to be eligable for the prize pack full of gorgeous handmade embellishments from UmWowStudio!
And don't forget to cast your vote for your favorite project from our design team so that one lucky designer can take home a gorgeous paper-crafting kit from ScrappyDooDads!
>> Saturday, October 1, 2011
... and we're back! Thanks so much for being patient with us as we were unable to host a September Inspiration challenge due to some big changes in our personal lives. Rebecca is still on her honeymoon and will rejoin us for the November challenge, so for this month I (Sarah) am hosting all by myself... hopefully I don't forget anything important!
First, here is the inspiration photo for this month's challenge:
Here is what I was inspired to create:
Our wonderful guest designers have put together some amazing projects based on the inspiration photo. Please visit each of their blogs to see their projects then come back to the Polkadot Door to vote for your favorite and post your own entry. We have some great prizes this month!
This month's Challenge winner will receive a $20 gift certificate from Berry71bleu Boutique!
- Create a project based upon this month's inspiration. It can be anything - a card, layout, altered item... Post a photo of your creation to your blog or online gallery (use code PDD) and link it here using the Mr. Linky widget at the end of this post. Please provide a direct link to your post.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project. We ask that you combine this challenge with no more than 3 other challenges.
- We will choose one winner who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor and be invited to participate as a guest designer for our November Blog Hop and Inspirational Challenge. In addition,we will also invite the creators of a number of our favorite submissions to join the November Guest Design team and play for November's GDT prize and the title of Featured Designer!
- Submissions will close at midnight on October 17th.
- We will announce the October challenge winner and November guest design team members on Oct 19th.
One blog hop commenter will receive a prize pack from
- After visiting all the stops on the blog hop, come back here and leave us a comment telling us which GDT member's project was your favorite (and make sure that you are a follower!) We'll randomly select one lucky commenter to receive the UmWowStudio prize pack.
- NEW THIS MONTH - Help us spread the word about the Polkadot Door Inspirational Challenge and Blog Hop. Post about the challenge on facebook, twitter & online forums, or grab our badge and post it to your blog, to earn extra entries for the prize draw. Just leave an additional comment letting us know what you did to spread the word (and leave a link if applicable).
- We will announce the winner of the prize pack on October 15.
The Guest Design Team member with the most votes will receive a papercrafting kit from Scrappy Doodads and will be named October's Featured Designer
- Remember to leave us a comment on this post casting your vote for your favorite GDT project.
- We will announce this month's Featured Designer on October 15.